4.29.2011

A Vintage Mill Wedding

When you woke up this morning, did you realize that today is a day to go down in the history books?  It's actually a really cool thought.  I am so ill-prepared for the Royal Wedding, it's not even funny.  I didn't bake yummy scones.  Heck, I don't even think I have coffee, let alone tea.  I'll be sitting in front of the television with my Ezekiel 4:9 cereal with almond milk and a banana.  Because that's just how I roll.

So as the Royal Wedding goes down in history today, in all its opulence, I wanted to focus instead on a cozy, love-filled wedding right here in the 'States.  Submitted by Elisabeth Connolly of Elisabeth-Rose Photography, this beautiful vintage Virginia wedding is the perfect way to end the week.

First, a little background on Bethany {the bride}.  Bethany is my kind of girl.  Why?  Because she waited patiently for the right man to come along.  Some gals wish their lives away hoping to fast-forward to the point in their lives at which they meet The One.  But Bethany trusted in the Lord and used her time wisely to serve in the ways He intended.  Patience is a virtue, and by golly, Bethany has it.  You go, girl.  So now, let me share with you this WEDDING.

Aside from the real, bonafide love these two share, I especially love the vintage cameras next to the 'new' photos of Bethany {the bride} and Jared {the groom}.  Anemones in the bouquets perfectly complement the ones on the scrumptious cake, and a vintage chair lends an interesting element to the bridal party portraits.  What's more, the vintage items throughout the wedding double as home decor as Bethany and Jared start their lives together.  What a romantic reminder of the wedding day, don't you think?






















Photography: Elisabeth-Rose Photography / Hair Stylist: Hair Productions of Salisbury / Event Planner: Liz Paulis Weddings / Floral Design: Black Creek Flowers / Musicians: Somerset String Trio / Venue: The Mill at Fine Creek / Cake: Petite Sweets / Submitted via Two Bright Lights

bonafidebride

No comments: