6.07.2011

A Modern SoHo Wedding

I'm so excited to share today's wedding with you; not only because it's completely gorg, but because it was photographed by New Jersey-based wedding photographer Kyo Morishima.  Janna, Kyo's wife and business partner, is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  Together, they make a great pair.  When I received this submission from them, I knew it would be amazing and unique before I even opened it.  

From Janna:  "The wedding of Christine and Michael, who got married on March 18, 2011, took place at Public Restaurant in Soho, NYC. They wanted a very simple, modern, intimate wedding, and I think they got exactly what they wanted.

When we posted some of the images on our Facebook page, I commented that if I could get married again, I would do exactly what Christine did: get married in a small, groovy restaurant (first, because I'm a foodie, and second, because I think small spaces usually make great parties). I was surprised when a bunch of people commented on my post that they felt exactly the same way!"

From Christine, the bride:  One of my favorite parts was going outside to take photos. The bustling streets became part of our wedding, and we became part of the fabric that truly was just another day in our amazing city.

We wanted the day to be all about our friends and family. We wanted good food and drink, good music, and a laid-back vibe. We couldn't have asked for it to turn out any better than it did.”

Special thanks to Kyo, Janna, Christine, and Michael for sharing this wedding with us.  I've never seen a happier, more laid-back bride.  The floral design is breathtaking, and the venue perfectly complements your vision of a simple, modern, intimate wedding.






















Venue & Catering: Public Restaurant  /  Photographer: Kyo Morishima Photography
Hair & Makeup: Yoshie Nezu  /  DJ: Duane Harriott from 74 Events
Videographer: McKenzie Miller Films  /  Flowers: Florisity

Kristin @ Bella Bridal Consultants
for Bona Fide Bride

4 comments:

Naomi Goodman said...

I know exactly where this is. What a classy and chic, no fuss wedding. Refreshing and I love the little sliders! Yum!

bonafidebride said...

That's so funny! I haven't been there, and I live a whole lot closer than you do! :) The food looks YUM.

Janna Morishima said...

Kristin, thank you so much for publishing our photos and for your sweet intro! We are excited to send you more "real weddings" in the future (and look forward to shooting one of yours!).

bonafidebride said...

Janna, thank YOU! I look forward to it as well! :)