6.03.2011

Trend Forecast: Makin' Whoopie

No, it's not what you think {but I don't see that-- eh hem-- ever going out of style...}.  While cupcakes and cake pops have had their day, I think it's time to shift the wedding spotlight to another sweet treat: whoopie pies.  With flavor combinations such as red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and chocolate cake with salted caramel filling, it's hard to resist the versatility of the whoopie.

As a gal born and raised in New England, I am no stranger to these sweets.  But what I find so funny is that my friend in Texas had NO. CLUE. what whoopie pies were.  So whether you remember them from childhood or are daring enough to try them for the first time, I highly recommend this book to show you how it's done.

So what do you think?  Would you forego cupcakes to serve whoopie pies at your wedding?  What if they were mouth-wateringly delish and looked like this?

Source: Bon Appetit





Kristin @ Bella Bridal Consultants
for Bona Fide Bride

9 comments:

Melina said...

I never heard of these until I started keeping up with wedding trends! Though I didn't know what they were called until now! lol. They look so yummy, probably not something I should be looking at at 1 in the morning! Makes me want a late night snack!

bonafidebride said...

They're amazing! I guess they're a New England thing. Rumor has it that Pennsylvania and Maine are duking it out over who invented the whoopie pie first, but Pennsylvania calls them Moon Pies. I call them YUM.

jacin {lovely little details} said...

no joke i had a dream about red velvet whoopie pies last night. i wanted one for breakfast then had a bagel instead. it was a good trade :)

have a great weekend!

Something Old, Something New said...

Yum these look declicious! Love that last picture and all the different flavors you can have.

A Crimson Kiss said...

I'm drooling everywhere. Let's make some whoopie (pies)!

Stella said...

Making Whoopie for sure!! These are amazing treats! Thanks for the inspiration!

bridechic said...

You simply can't do this to me when I'm dieting!

bonafidebride said...

Jacin, that is hilarious! It does sound like you made a good trade. :)

postcards and pretties said...

i'm all for chocolate whoopie pies!!